Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31, 2008

I did not make it up this weekend, but did have a couple unexpected conversations with Jesse over the phone. I got woke up on Saturday morning by my cell phone ringing and “lord cell” on the id screen. I just stared at the phone for a few seconds not sure if I was still sleeping, then it went to voice mail. I was surprised to hear a very normal sounding Lordy on the message. I quickly returned the call and had lengthy conversation with a clear headed Jesse. He talked about Will and Craig coming to visit; we discussed the details of his rehab and even discussed the accident a little. In typical Lordy fashion, he was very apologetic and was thankful that nobody else got hurt.

I got another call on Sunday and he said that he has talked with his employer and he will have a job as soon as he is ready to return. We also talked about his scheduled release date and started making plans for the summer. The Hospital is saying that his scheduled release date is April 9th, and then he will be going to Nancy and Jack’s for a while to continue the full-time rehab program. As soon as Steph and his parents are ready, there will be a welcome gathering and the details will be posted here.

Eric

No comments: